Our Battle Creek motorcycle accident lawyers represent motorcyclists and passengers injured in crashes in Battle Creek and the surrounding areas. These include injury claims for injured bikers hit by cars, trucks, and even other motorcycles.
We also file lawsuits against insurance companies who refuse to pay no-fault insurance benefits, including lost wages and medical expenses. Our law firm will help you win the best and highest settlement for your case.
Our experienced attorneys also file claims against road commissions and governmental agencies for bikers injured due to a dangerous highway or defective road, including pot holes and shoulder drop-offs. There are strict time deadlines for filing these governmental claims so it is important that you contact us as soon as possible after the accident. We will need to take photographs and get witness statements to protect your claim so you should call us immediately to start investigating your case.
Unfortunately, there are many fatal motorcycle accident that occur in the Battle Creek area. In cases involving the death of a biker or passenger, we will file a Michigan Wrongful Death Lawsuit on behalf of the surviving family members. These lawsuits get compensation for the pain and suffering of the decedent and for the loss of society and companionship suffered by the family members.
Where Do Battle Creek Motorcycle Accidents Occur?
Battle Creek, Michigan is located in Northwest Calhoun County at the convergence of the Kalamazoo and Battle Creek Rivers. The estimated population of Battle Creek is 51,848. There are also many major highways and thoroughfares located in Battle Creek. They include:
How Do Battle Creek Motorcycle Accidents Occur?
Motorcycle accidents usually occur because the driver of another motor vehicle is not paying attention to the biker or driving carelessly. These accidents are almost always the fault of the motorist and not the biker. According to statistics, the most common types of motorcycle accidents in Battle Creek are:
- Single vehicle accidents
- Rear end accidents
- Angled rear end accidents
- Sideswipe accidents
- Head on left turn accidents
Obtain Your Battle Creek Motorcycle Accident Report
For a motorcycle accident that occurred in Battle Creek, you can request your report directly from the Battle Creek Police Department.
Battle Creek Police Department
20 N. Division Street
Battle Creek, MI 49014
You can also get the Traffic Crash Report for any Michigan Law Enforcement Agency online through the Michigan State Police website. If you choose us as your motorcycle accident attorneys, we will get all of the reports for you and have our investigator interview witnesses and take photographs.
Questions After Your Battle Creek Motorcycle Accident
You probably have a number of questions and concerns after your motorcycle accident on injuries, settlements, and more, including:
- What are the legal rights of a motorcycle accident victim?
- Am I entitled to no-fault insurance benefits after a Michigan motorcycle accident?
- Which insurance company has to pay my no-fault insurance claims?
- Who pays my medical bills and expenses for injuries caused by the accident?
- How do I get my lost wages and income paid if I am disabled from work?
- Can I sue the negligent driver that caused the accident for pain and suffering damages?
- Should I speak with the insurance adjuster without an experienced lawyer?
- Can I just settle my claim myself instead of hiring a motorcycle accident attorney?
- Will I need to file a motorcycle accident lawsuit to get a settlement?
- Is the insurance adjuster really trying to help me or just stringing me along?
- Who is the best Michigan motorcycle lawyer?
- How can I get the highest settlement compensation for my case?
- What are the motorcycle accident statistics in Michigan?
When you call our motorcycle accident law firm, you will speak directly to an attorney who will answer all of your questions. Michigan motorcycle laws are complex and confusing and we will carefully explain all of your legal rights to you.
No-Fault Insurance Benefits After Your Battle Creek Motorcycle Accident
Our lawyers will determine exactly which no-fault insurance company is required by law to pay your motorcycle accident no-fault insurance benefits. We will contact that insurer to set up your claim and then submit all of your claims for you to the assigned adjuster. We will then monitor the file to make sure every penny of your benefits are being paid to the hospitals, doctors, clinics, and medical providers. Our attorneys will also get your lost wages paid.
We also help you with your claims for lost wages claim, attendant care services, replacement services, and medical mileage. If the adjuster refuses payment or terminates your benefits, we will file a lawsuit against the insurance company.
Settlements & Compensation For your Battle Creek Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Our attorneys will also aggressively pursue a settlement against the the driver or motorcyclist that caused the accident. Too often, bikers get blamed for causing an accident when in fact they were the innocent party. We track down witnesses and hire accident reconstruction experts to prove that you were not at fault. This forces the insurance company to pay you substantial compensation for your pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, disability, and loss of income.
We have a great track record of motorcycle accident settlements and jury verdicts. We settle over 97% of our cases for the maximum amount before ever going to court. In fatal motorcycle accident cases, we will file a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of the surviving family members. These cases seek compensation for pain and suffering, loss of society and companionship, loss of income and support, and funeral expenses.
Battle Creek Motorcycle Accident Settlements & Compensation
In addition to receiving no-fault insurance benefits, a Battle Creek motorcycle accident settlement includes compensation for these types of damages:
- Pain & Suffering (at the time of the accident and going into the future)
- Fright & Shock
- Psychological Injuries (like post-traumatic stress disorder)
- Scars & Permanent Disfigurements (including road rash)
- Disability from Work & Activities (including recreational activities)
- Loss of Income & Wages (in excess of your no-fault wage claim)
- Bystander Claims (witnessing a family member injured or killed in an accident)
- Death (filing a Michigan Wrongful Death Lawsuit)
Examples of Our Michigan Motorcycle Accident Settlements
- $5,000,000 Judgment against a negligent driver who struck and severely injured a motorcyclist in Kalamazoo
- $1,100,000 Settlement for a Detroit biker injured when a truck forced him into oncoming traffic.
- $ 750,000 Settlement for a husband and wife severely injured after being hit by a car on a Michigan highway.
- $ 560,000 Settlement for a Michigan motorcyclist injured in Florida motorcycle accident.
- $ 500,000 Settlement for a Flint area biker who was seriously injured in an accident.
- $ 485,000 Wrongful death settlement for hit by a van on the highway in a fatal accident.
- $ 100,000 Settlement for insurance policy limits for Emmet County motorcycle accident
Get Our Free Michigan Motorcycle Accident Book
If you would like more information about your legal rights after a Battle Creek motorcycle accident, you can order our FREE book written by Michigan motorcycle accident lawyer Lawrence J. Buckfire, "The Ultimate Michigan Motorcycle Accident Handbook" by clicking on the book link. We will send it out immediately along with other important information on motorcycle accident and No-Fault Insurance claims.
Who are the Best Rated Michigan Auto Accident Lawyers?
Our legal team includes the most successful car accident attorneys in Michigan. Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. and our lawyers have won the top awards in the legal profession, including:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms
- "Best Michigan Personal Injury Attorney" by American Lawyer Academy
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Michigan
- Honored as "Super Lawyers"
- Top Martindale-Hubbell Rating (AV) for Skill & Integrity
Our No Fee Promise on Battle Creek Motorcycle Accident Cases
It costs you nothing to have our Battle Creek motorcycle attorneys get started on your case. If we cannot get you a settlement, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to start your case or anytime until receive your settlement
- We pay all case costs and expenses for your motorcycle accident lawsuit
- You are charged no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- We will meet with you and take your phone calls as often as you request at no charge
Start Your Battle Creek Motorcycle Accident Claim
Get started on your Battle Creek motorcycle accident case today. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page and will we contact quickly.
- Type an online chat in the pop up box and a lawyer will read it and call you.
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to speak with our attorneys about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Battle Creek motorcycle accident lawsuits. Call us to learn more about Battle Creek motorcycle accident lawsuits and settlements.