Our Michigan medical malpractice lawyers handle medical negligence cases that arise when a patient is injured or harmed by a medical error or mistake.
The subjects of medical malpractice cases can be doctors, nurses, clinics, urgent care centers, nursing homes, pharmacies, or hospitals. In cases involving the death of a patient, we pursue a wrongful death claim for the family.
Medical Malpractice Statistics
According to the article Medical Malpractice Statistics by Abhiji Naik, an estimated 225,000 people die each year from some form of medical malpractice, from incorrect dosages to surgical errors. Out of those deaths, 106,000 is from the negative effects of their medication.
Other notable medical malpractice statistics include:
- A full half of medical malpractice lawsuits are filed against practicing surgeons.
- The ratio between medical malpractice claims is 7.6.:1; for every 7.6 people who suffer injuries due to medical negligence, only one person files a malpractice claim.
- Around 25% of the doctors in the United States get litigated for malpractice.
- In 2010, 19,000 medical malpractice claim payments were made in the United States.
- Medical negligence is the third largest cause of death in the United States.
Most Common Types of Battle Creek Medical Malpractice Cases
There are many types of injuries and illnesses that can result from negligence of medical staff.
Cases of medical negligence that have occurred in Battle Creek are most often one of the following:
- Anesthesia errors
- Birth Injury
- Medication Errors
- Surgery Mistakes
Can I Sue a Battle Creek Hospital for Negligence and Medical Malpractice?
Although any treatment or medical procedure has inherent risks, when a medical team is negligent in their care of a patient, the hospital may be liable for harm caused to the individual and their family.
Even if you signed a consent form before a surgery or procedure, you do not waive your right to file a medical malpractice lawsuit. If you were the victim of a medical error or mistake, a hospital cannot prevent you from suing and a court will support this.
In Battle Creek and the surrounding area, the largest community hospitals include:
- Battle Creek Health System
- Westbrook Hospital
- Calhoun County Health Department Clinic
- Brookside Surgery Center
- Select Specialty Hospital
- VA Medical Center
- Bronson Hospital
We will perform a detailed analysis of your treatment to determine whether you or someone you know has been the victim of malpractice or negligent care.
What Consitutes a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
Medical malpractice lawsuits sue healthcare institutions or specific members of a healthcare team for negligence that caused a harmful outcome. Negligence can take the form of misdiagnosis, failure to diagnose, mistakes during surgery, improper treatment, and failure to conduct necessary medical tests before disharging a paitent.
Medical malpractice lawsuits aim to get compensation for the individual or family harmed. Compensation can include economic losses, such as loss of earnings or loss of financial support, and non-economic losses, such as pain and suffering.
If in the unfortunate case negligence leads to the death of a patient, the family can file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Get Our Free Medical Malpractice Book
To learn more about the laws in Michigan medical malpractice cases, you should request our FREE BOOK, "The Ultimate Michigan Medical Malpractice Handbook." It sells for $14.95 on Amazon, but we will send it out to you immediately for free.
Who are the Best Rated Battle Creek Area Medical Malpractice Lawyers?
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. and our lawyers have won the top awards in the legal profession, including:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms
- "Best Michigan Personal Injury Attorney" by American Lawyer Academy
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Michigan
- Honored as "Super Lawyers"
- Top Martindale-Hubbell Rating (AV) for Skill & Integrity
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Our No Fee Promise on Battle Creek Medical Malpractice Cases
Don't be concerned about the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best medical malpractice law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It literally costs nothing to get started and if your medical malpractice case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Battle Creek Medical Malpractice Claim Today
There are three ways to get started on your medical malpractice case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. A medical malpractice attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There is a strict time deadline for filing Battle Creek medical malpractice lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about Battle Creek medical malpractice laws.