Our Battle Creek car accident lawyers are dedicated to helping victims who were seriously injured or killed in an auto accident. For almost 50 years, we have protected the rights of auto accident injury victims helping them receive justice and win the maximum settlement for their injuries suffered. This includes claims for both personal injuries against the negligent driver and for Michigan no-fault insurance benefits against the insurance company responsible for paying medical bills, lost wages and other benefits.
What Are Battle Creek's Most Dangerous Intersections?
We handle all Battle Creek cases involving motor vehicle accidents, including cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, and pedestrian accidents. These accidents occur on the streets, highways, sidewalks, and even in parking lots throughout Battle Creek. The most common area for fatal car accidents to take place, however, is at an intersection.
The most dangerous intersections in Battle Creek, Michigan for car accidents include:
- Beckley Road at M-66
- Beckley Road at Capital Avenue
- Columbia Avenue at Capital Avenue
- Beckley Road at 6 Mile Road
- Bedford Road at Michigan Avenue
- Helmer Road at Dickman Road
- Capital Avenue at Dickman Road
- Columbia Avenue at 20th Street
- Columbia Avenue at I-194
How to Get a Battle Creek Traffic Accident Report
As part of any Battle Creek car accident case or any Michigan auto insurance claim, it is necessary to obtain the police traffic accident report. These reports are available to you by simply contacting the police agency and requesting the report. There is usually a fee for the report. If you choose us to represent you in your case, we will obtain and pay for the report and then provide you with your own copy.
For a motor vehicle crash that occurred in Battle Creek, you should request the traffic crash report at the following location:
Battle Creek Police Department
20 N Division St.
Battle Creek, MI 49014
If your Battle Creek car accident was investigated by the Michigan State Police or the local police department, you can now order the Michigan Traffic Crash Report online and you will be able to download your accident report.
How Our Lawyers Help You After a Battle Creek Car Accident
The Michigan No-Fault Insurance laws are confusing. You need to know your legal rights after a Battle Creek car accident.
When you choose us for your car accident case, we will:
- Get the accident report, witness statements, and full police investigation file
- Get all of your medical records, hospital records, and treatment records
- Deal directly with your auto insurance company adjuster for you
- Provide you with advice on your Mini-Tort property damage claim
- Submit all of your claims for medical bills, lost wages, and other no-fault insurance benefits
- Communicate with the insurance adjuster to make sure all benefits have been paid
- Determine the insurance policy limits for every possible insurer
- File a lawsuit against the negligent driver that caused your accident
- Sue the negligent driver, owner of the car, and insurance company for your pain and suffering compensation
- Negotiate with the insurance adjusters for you
- Get you the best car accident settlement for your pain and suffering as well as any additional compensation
Common Battle Creek Car Accident Injuries
There are close to 300,000 auto accidents in Michigan every year. Many of these result in serious injuries and death. More than 800 people died in fatal car accidents in Michigan in 2014. Almost 5,000 accident victims suffered incapacitating injuries that required hospitalization and prevented them from work and normal activities.
Our auto accident attorneys represent clients with all types pain and suffering injuries after a serious auto accident. These include traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, broken bones, back and neck injuries, knee injuries, shoulder injuries, scars, and all other serious injuries. In cases involving a fatal car accident in Battle Creek, we will file a Michigan Wrongful Death claim on behalf of the family.
What Factors Determine Battle Creek Car Accident Settlements & Compensation?
There are a number of factors that determine the amount of a Battle Creek car accident settlement. Every case and every injury victim is different, so there is not set formula to determine the right amount of the settlement. Accident victims can claim a personal injury settlement that include compensation for these types of damages:
- Pain & Suffering (at the time of the accident and going into the future)
- Fright & Shock
- Psychological Injuries (like PTSD & depression)
- Scars & Permanent Disfigurements
- Disability from Work & Activities
- Loss of Income & Wages (past, present, & future)
- Bystander Claims (witnessing a family member injured in an accident)
- Death (filing a Wrongful Death Lawsuit)
How Much Are Battle Creek Car Accident Settlements?
The amount of compensation for a Battle Creek auto accident depends on a number of factors. These include:
- Which driver was at fault for the accident
- How serious the injured party was hurt
- The type of medical treatment received
- Whether there was a loss of earnings or wages
- The permanency of the injuries suffered
- Whether there are any scars or permanent disfigurements
- The amount of insurance coverage available to pay the claim
Examples of Some Battle Creek Area Car Accident Settlements
Our expert car accident lawyers have won top settlements and jury verdicts for our clients. Below are examples of auto injury cases handled by our law firm.
- $1,800,000 Settlement for a Lansing area woman who suffered a brain injury in an accident on I-96.
- $1,375,000 Settlement for a woman who suffered spinal cord injury in a Detroit car accident that caused paralysis.
- $1,000,000 Judgment against a negligent driver for hitting a bicyclist in a Detroit suburb.
- $ 900,000 Settlement in an Eaton County, Michigan wrongful death settlement
- $ 950,000 Settlement in St. Clair County for a woman who suffered serious injuries in a car accident.
- $ 700,000 Settlement for an I-94 auto accident near Ann Arbor
- $ 525,000 Settlement for a Detroit man who suffered a fractured pelvis from in a highway shoulder accident.
Get Our Free Michigan Car Accident Book
If you would like more information about your legal rights after a Battle Creek car accident, you can order our FREE book written by Michigan car accident lawyer Lawrence J. Buckfire, "The Ultimate Michigan Car Accident Handbook" by clicking on the book link. We will send it out immediately along with other important information on car accident and No-Fault Insurance claims.
Who are the Best Rated Michigan Auto Accident Lawyers?
Our legal team includes the most successful car accident attorneys in Michigan. Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. and our lawyers have won the top awards in the legal profession, including:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms
- "Best Michigan Personal Injury Attorney" by American Lawyer Academy
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Michigan
- Honored as "Super Lawyers"
- Top Martindale-Hubbell Rating (AV) for Skill & Integrity
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Our No Fee Promise on Battle Creek Car Accident Cases
Don't be concerned the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best car accident law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It literally costs nothing to get started and if your auto accident case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Battle Creek Car Accident Claim Today
There are three ways to get started on your car accident case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. An auto accident attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There is a strict time deadline for filing Battle Creek car accident lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about Battle Creek auto accident laws.
Battle Creek Resources
- Calhoun County District Court
- Calhoun County Circuit Court
- Battle Creek Police Department
- Battle Creek Wiki Page
Searching for a "Lawyer Near Me?" We handle car accident cases in Albion, Battle Creek, Marshall, Springfield, Albion Township, Athens Township, Bedford Charter Township, Burlington Township, Clarence Township, Clarendon Township, Convis Township, Eckford Township, Emmett Charter Township, Fredonia Township, Homer Township, Lee Township, Leroy Township, Marengo Township, Marshall Township, Newton Township, Pennfield Charter Township, Sheridan Township, Tekonsha Township, and all other cities and townships in Calhoun County, Michigan.