Attorneys in Michigan and throughout the United States refer their Michigan slip and fall accident clients to our law firm for legal representation.
Our team of award-winning lawyers will handle the case from start to finish to achieve the highest possible settlement for your client. When the case settles, we will send you a referral fee check.
Best Michigan Slip & Fall Accident Lawyers
Our legal team includes the most successful personal injury and slip/fall accident attorneys in Michigan. Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. and our lawyers have won the top awards in the legal profession, including:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms
- "Best Michigan Personal Injury Attorney" by American Lawyer Academy
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Michigan
- Honored as "Super Lawyers"
- Top Martindale-Hubbell Rating (AV) for Skill & Integrity
Common Types of Michigan Slip & Fall Accidents
Our slip and fall lawyers have won significant settlements and jury verdicts in Michigan premises liability lawsuits including:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Trip and fall accidents
- Falls on ice and snow, including black ice
- Defective steps and broken stairways
- Missing and broken handrails
- Water and other substances store floors and aisles
- Falling merchandise at large retailers like Wal-Mart and Home Depot
- Broken,uneven, & raised defective sidewalks
- Defective parking lots & potholes
- Swimming pools and swimming pool decks
- Elevator & escalator accidents
- Inadequate lighting and poor lighting
- Fires and explosions
Other Types of Michigan Accident Cases to Refer to Us
- Bicycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Auto and car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Boating accidents
- Recreational and sports accidents
- All other accident and injury cases
Paying Referral Fees for Michigan Slip & Fall Accident Cases
We handle all slip and fall accident cases on a one-third contingency fee basis.
Under Michigan law, we are required to deduct the case expenses from the total settlement amount before calculation our contingent fee.
For most slip and fall accident cases, we pay the referring attorney a one-third referral fee. We guarantee this fee in writing immediately upon being retained by the client for representation. We also confirm the referral source in our case management software.
Is the Referring Attorney Required to Work on a Michigan Case?
No. Unlike in other states, Michigan does not require that the referring lawyer work or co-counsel the case in order to receive a referral fee. The Michigan Rules of Professional Conduct 1.5 (e) only requires that the client is advised of the referral arrangement and does not object and that the total fee on the case is reasonable.
The client's written consent is required for any type of referral or co-counsel fee arrangement. We will get the client's written consent as part of our original retainer agreement. Our Contingent Fee Agreements include language that a referral fee will be paid to you and the client's signature acknowledges the payment of your referral fee.
How Attorneys Refer Their Slip & Fall Accident Cases to Us
Referring your slip and fall accident cases to us is easy. You refer us your client by doing the following:
- Call (800) 606-1717 to speak with one attorneys first to discuss the case to see if we are interested in the referral.
- E-mail Lawrence J. Buckfire at [email protected] to provide information about the case
- Have your client call us directly and mention that an attorney referred the case to our firm
If your preference is to have your client call us directly, make sure that the client tells us that you are the referring attorney. Many clients do not remember to provide that information and you may not be properly credited with the referral. We strongly suggest that you mail or fax us a letter confirming that you are the lawyer that referred the case.