Car Accidents
No Legal Fees Until You Settle or Win
Get Free Case Review

Attendant Care For Child Injured in Michigan Car Accident

Our Michigan attendant care claims attorneys handle cases on behalf of a child injured in a Michigan auto accident.  This includes injuries suffered as a passenger in a car or other motor vehicle, as a pedestrian, or even while riding a bicycle.  The injuries to a child in an auto accident can be significant and often result in serious orthopedic injuries and traumatic brain injuries.

If the child is able to return home after the accident and requires monitoring and supervision due to accident-related injuries, the child does have a valid claim for attendant care services.  These services are typically provided by a parent or parents of the injured child.  Although parents are legally obligated to supervise and monitor their children anyways, those duties increase substantially when the child has suffered serious injuries.

Attendant care benefits are paid to have a person attend to the personal needs of an injury victim while recovering at home from the injuries.  The person can be a family member, friend, nurse or someone from a nursing agency.  These duties can even be split between a family member in the home and a private nursing agency who can provide some relief time to the family member for a portion of the day.

The dollar amount paid for these attendant care services depends on the level of care and supervision being provided.    Many insurance company adjusters pay family members a lower rate for the services than if an outside person or agency provided the services.  Simply put, there is no basis for paying a reduced rate to a family member.  Our No-Fault insurance lawyers frequently file lawsuits to compel the insurance company to pay the higher, more appropriate rate, and we are able to recover large settlements for the underpayments in the past.  When a child is involved, we often force the insurance company to agree to future payments as part of a settlement.

If your child has been seriously injured in a Michigan auto accident and requires attendant care services in your home, you should contact our attendant care attorneys to determine whether you should be paid for those services.  If you are being paid attendant care claims, you will want to be sure that you are being paid at the proper rate.  Call us today at (800) 606-1717 to speak with one of our child injury attorneys.