Our Ann Arbor car accident lawyers are dedicated to helping victims who were seriously injured or killed in an auto accident. We are lawyers who specialize in motor vehicle and car crash cases that cause serious injuries to drivers and passengers.
For almost 50 years, we have protected the rights of auto accident injury victims helping them receive justice and win the maximum settlement for their injuries suffered. This includes claims for both personal injuries against the negligent driver and for Michigan no-fault insurance benefits against the insurance company responsible for paying medical bills, lost wages and other benefits.
What Are Ann Arbor's Most Dangerous Intersections?
We handle all Ann Arbor cases involving all motor vehicle accidents, including cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, and pedestrian accidents. These crashes occur on the streets, highways, sidewalks and even in parking lots, however the most common area where fatal car accidents take place is at an intersection.
According to City-Data statistics, the most dangerous intersections in Ann Arbor, Michigan for car accidents include:
- Jackson Ave at Maple Rd. S
- Washtenaw Ave at Huron Pkwy S
- Packard Street at Platt Road
- Washtenaw Ave at Hill Street
- State Street at Hilton Blvd
- Packard Street at Stadium Blvd E
- Main Street S at Stadium Blvd E
- Main Street N at Miller Road
- Washtenaw Ave at Pittsfield Blvd
- Ann Arbor Saline Road at Eisenhower Pkwy
How to Get an Ann Arbor Traffic Accident Report
As part of any Ann Arbor car accident case or any Michigan auto insurance claim, it is necessary to obtain the police traffic accident report. These reports are available to you by simply contacting the police agency and requesting the report. There is usually a fee for the report. If you choose us to represent you in your case, we will obtain and pay for the report and then provide you with your own copy.
For a motor vehicle crash that occurred in Ann Arbor, you should request the traffic crash report at the following location:
Ann Arbor Police Department
100 N. Fifth Ave.
Ann Arbor, MI 48107
If your Ann Arbor car accident was investigated by the Michigan State Police or the local police department, you can now order the Michigan Traffic Crash Report online and you will be able to download your accident report.
How Our Lawyers Help You After an Ann Arbor Car Accident
The Michigan No-Fault Insurance laws are confusing. You need to know your rights after an Ann Arbor car accident.
When you choose us for your car accident case, we will:
- Get the accident report, witness statements, and full police investigation file
- Get all of your medical records, hospital records, and treatment records
- Deal directly with your auto insurance company adjuster for you
- Provide you with advice on your Mini-Tort property damage claim
- Submit all of your claims for medical bills, lost wages, and other no-fault insurance benefits
- Communicate with the insurance adjuster to make sure all benefits have been paid
- Determine the insurance policy limits for every possible insurer
- File a lawsuit against the negligent driver that caused your accident
- Sue the negligent driver, owner of the car, and insurance company for your pain and suffering compensation
- Negotiate with the insurance adjusters for you
- Get you the best car accident settlement for your pain and suffering as well as any additional compensation
Common Ann Arbor Car Accident Injuries
There are close to 300,000 auto accidents in Michigan every year. Many of these result in serious injuries and death. More than 800 people died in fatal car accidents in Michigan in 2014. Almost 5,000 accident victims suffered incapacitating injuries that required hospitalization and prevented them from work and normal activities.
Our auto accident attorneys represent clients with all types pain and suffering injuries after a serious auto accident. These include traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, broken bones, back and neck injuries, knee injuries, shoulder injuries, scars, and all other serious injuries. In cases involving a fatal car accident in Ann Arbor, we will file a Michigan Wrongful Death claim on behalf of the family.
What Factors Determine Ann Arbor Car Accident Settlements & Compensation?
There are a number of factors that determine the amount of an Ann Arbor car accident settlement. Every case and every injury victim is different, so there is not set formula to determine the right amount of the settlement. Accident victims can claim a personal injury settlement that include compensation for these types of damages:
- Pain & Suffering (at the time of the accident and going into the future)
- Fright & Shock
- Psychological Injuries (like PTSD & depression)
- Scars & Permanent Disfigurements
- Disability from Work & Activities
- Loss of Income & Wages (past, present, & future)
- Bystander Claims (witnessing a family member injured in an accident)
- Death (filing a Wrongful Death Lawsuit)
How Much Are Ann Arbor Car Accident Settlements?
The amount of compensation for an Ann Arbor auto accident depends on a number of factors. These include:
- Which driver was at fault for the accident
- How serious the injured party was hurt
- The type of medical treatment received
- Whether there was a loss of earnings or wages
- The permanency of the injuries suffered
- Whether there are any scars or permanent disfigurements
- The amount of insurance coverage available to pay the claim
Examples of Some Ann Arbor Area Car Accident Settlements
Our expert car accident lawyers have won top settlements and jury verdicts for our clients. Below are examples of auto injury cases handled by our law firm.
- $1,800,000 Settlement for a Lansing area woman who suffered a brain injury in an accident on I-96.
- $1,375,000 Settlement for a woman who suffered spinal cord injury in a Detroit car accident that caused paralysis.
- $1,000,000 Judgment against a negligent driver for hitting a bicyclist in a Detroit suburb.
- $ 900,000 Settlementin an Eaton County, Michigan wrongful death settlement
- $ 950,000 Settlement in St. Clair County for a woman who suffered serious injuries in a car accident.
- $ 700,000 Settlementfor an I-94 auto accident near Ann Arbor
- $ 525,000 Settlement for a Detroit man who suffered a fractured pelvis from in a highway shoulder accident.
Get Our Free Michigan Car Accident Book
If you would like more information about your legal rights after an Ann Arbor car accident, you can order our FREE book written by Michigan car accident lawyer Lawrence J. Buckfire, "The Ultimate Michigan Car Accident Handbook" by clicking on the book link. We will send it out immediately along with other important information on car accident and No-Fault Insurance claims.
Who are the Best Rated Ann Arbor Area Auto Accident Lawyers?
Our legal team includes the most successful car accident attorneys in Michigan. Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. and our lawyers have won the top awards in the legal profession, including:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms
- "Best Michigan Personal Injury Attorney" by American Lawyer Academy
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Michigan
- Honored as "Super Lawyers"
- Top Martindale-Hubbell Rating (AV) for Skill & Integrity
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Our No Fee Promise on Ann Arbor Car Accident Cases
Don't be concerned about the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best car accident law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It literally costs nothing to get started and if your auto accident case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Ann Arbor Car Accident Claim Today
There are three ways to get started on your car accident case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. An auto accident attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There is a strict time deadline for filing Ann Arbor car accident lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about Ann Arbor auto accident laws.
Ann Arbor Resources
- Ann Arbor District Court
- Washtenaw County Circuit Court
- Ann Arbor Police Department
- Ann Arbor Wiki Page
Searching for a "Lawyer Near Me?" We handle car accident cases in Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, Milan, Saline, Ypsilanti, Ann Arbor Township, Augusta Township, Bridgewater Township, Dexter Township, Freedom Township, Lima Township, Lodi Township, Lyndon Township, Manchester Township, Northfield Township, Pittsfield Township, Salem Township, Saline Township, Scio Township, Sharon Township, Superior Township, Sylvan Township, Webster Township, York Township, Ypsilanti Township, and all other cities and townships in Washtenaw County, Michigan.