Toll-Free: (800) 606-1717
Phone: (248) 569-4646
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C.

Who receives the settlement money in a Michigan cerebral palsy lawsuit?

The money that may be awarded by jury and/or provided through a settlement in a Michigan cerebral palsy lawsuit goes to the child and is to be used for child's benefit. Although a parent of a child with cerebral palsy may have an individual claim and the legal right to a portion of the money, the vast majority of the money goes to the child for the child's use in the future. In almost all cases involving a settlement on behalf of a minor, the court will need to approve the amount of the overall settlement and the amount, if any, being provided to any other individual. This is a mechanism used to ensure that the settlement is in the best interest of the child and that the money will be used to best benefit the brain injured child.

Best Michigan personal injury lawyer winning highest settlements for injury, malpractice, & accident victims.
Detroit Area Office
  • 29000 Inkster Road, Suite 150
    Southfield, MI 48034
  • Phone: (248) 569-4646
  • Fax: (248) 569-6737
  • Toll Free: (800) 606-1717
  • Get Directions
Ann Arbor Office
Macomb County Office