Wrongful Death Lawsuits
No Legal Fees Until You Settle or Win
Get Free Case Review

Who is allowed to file a Michigan lawsuit if a relative dies due to someone elses negligence?

In Michigan, this type of case is called a wrongful death case. The laws provide an order of priority and guidelines as to who can bring the lawsuit on behalf of the deceased person. Typically, a spouse, children, and parents of the decedent are given the priority and often agree with other on who will serve as the personal representative. If there is a dispute between family members on who will serve, the court will look to the statute and then other factors before deciding who to appoint in that role.
Lawrence J. Buckfire
Connect with me
Best Michigan personal injury lawyer winning highest settlements for injury, malpractice, & accident victims.