Every case is different, however in order to get the maximum settlement amount you should hire the best possible Zimmer hip replacement lawyer in Michigan to represent you. This is because an experienced defective medical device lawyer will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf so that you receive the maximum compensation for injuries suffered.
When a patient files a Zimmer hip replacement lawsuit, there are several different damages they may be able to collect. These damages include:
- Pain and Suffering- you are entitled to compensation for both the physical and psychological damages caused by the defective hip device and the subsequent surgeries.
- Medical Bills – you are entitled to receive compensation for costs related to the defective hip implant, including doctor’s visits, medical tests, pain and other medications, hospitalization, revision surgery, and your new hip replacement.
- Lost Income – you are entitled to receive compensation for you lost earnings and wages, including the past, present, and future.
- Spousal damages – your spouse is entitled to receive compensation for the effect of this defective hip on your relationship and marriage.
- Punitive Damages – you may be entitled to a punitive damage award to discourage similar conduct by the hip manufacturer in the future.
For more information on the types of compensation you can receive for your hip recall lawsuit and to speak with one of our Michigan Zimmer hip replacement lawyers at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. call now at (800) 606-1717. We will represent you in your case under our No Fee Promise, which means there are no legal fees or costs whatsoever until we win or settle your case. Call today!