Motorcycle Accidents
No Legal Fees Until You Settle or Win
Get Free Case Review

What if I get in a motorcyle accident in Michigan and did not buy collision coverage?

If you did not buy collision coverage, you will have to pay for the damages and reapairs to your motorcycle even if you were not at-fault in the accident. However, there are exceptions. First, you can seek payment from an at-fault driver and owner of an automobile if the driver and owner of the automobile were uninsured. Second, if a driver of a motorcycle negligently causes damages to your motorcycle, you can seek payment for the damages and repairs to your motorcycle from the driver and owner of the other motorcycle. Finially, if your motorcycle was parked in a legal, safe and reasonable manner and was struck by an automobile, the damages to your motorcycle are recoverable from the insurer of the owner or operator of the automobile involved in the accident.
Lawrence J. Buckfire
Best Michigan personal injury lawyer winning highest settlements for injury, malpractice, & accident victims.