Toll-Free: (800) 606-1717
Phone: (248) 569-4646
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C.

What happens if I am involved in a Michigan motorcycle accident and I did not buy collision coverage?

If you did not buy Collision coverage, you will have to pay for the damages and repairs to your motorcycle even if you were not at-fault in the accident. However, there are exceptions. First, you can seek payment from an at-fault driver and the owner of an automobile if the driver and owner of the car were uninsured. Second, if a driver of a motorcycle negligently causes damages to your motorcycle, you can seek payment for the damages and repairs to your motorcycle from the driver and owner of the other motorcycle. Finially, if your motorcycle was parkend in a legal, safe and reasonable manner and was struck by an automobile, the damages to your motorcycle are recoverable from the insurer of the owner or operator of the automobile involved in the accident.
Best Michigan personal injury lawyer winning highest settlements for injury, malpractice, & accident victims.
Detroit Area Office
  • 29000 Inkster Road, Suite 150
    Southfield, MI 48034
  • Phone: (248) 569-4646
  • Fax: (248) 569-6737
  • Toll Free: (800) 606-1717
  • Get Directions
Ann Arbor Office
Macomb County Office