Car Accidents
No Legal Fees Until You Settle or Win
Get Free Case Review

What are my legal rights if I was hit by a mail truck in Michigan? Can I sue the post office?

You can sue the U.S. Postal Service if you were hit by a mail truck in Michigan and suffer injuries. However, these types of lawsuits are different than filing a car accident lawsuit in Michigan. There is an entirely different set of laws for filing a case against a Federal Agency, such as the Postal Service, and you must comply with the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).  The FTCA says that notice of any injury claim must be made within two years of the accident to the appropriate Federal Agency that caused the accident.   Notice must be made by completing an administrative claim form, also known as a Form 95. You must properly complete the form for all claims, including both personal injury claims and property damage claims. If the claim is denied, you have only six months from the date of the denial to file your lawsuit against that federal agency.

Lawrence J. Buckfire
Connect with me
Best Michigan personal injury lawyer winning highest settlements for injury, malpractice, & accident victims.