Drunk Driving Accident
No Legal Fees Until You Settle or Win
Get Free Case Review

Can I sue the bar in Michigan that sold alcohol to the drunk driver?

In order to pursue a drunk driving lawsuit in Michigan under the Dram Shop Law, the injured party must prove that the injury or death was caused by a retail licensee's unlawful selling, giving, or furninshing of alcohol to a "visibly intoxicated person" or a minor. Visible intoxication is intoxication "apparent to an ordinary observer." Furnishing intoxicants to a minor (a person younger than 21) is per se unlawful and visible intoxication need not be shown.
Lawrence J. Buckfire
Connect with me
Best Michigan personal injury lawyer winning highest settlements for injury, malpractice, & accident victims.