Toll-Free: (800) 606-1717
Phone: (248) 569-4646
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C.

Is there a time limit on making a claim after a car accident against the State of Michigan for a highway defect or pothole?

Yes.  Within 120 days from the time of the injury, the injured person must serve a notice on the governmental agency of the occurrence of the injury, the exact location and nature of the defect and injury sustained, and the names of witnesses known at the time by the clamant.  After providing said notice, the injured person has 2 years from the date of the accident to file a car accident lawsuit
Best Michigan personal injury lawyer winning highest settlements for injury, malpractice, & accident victims.
Detroit Area Office
  • 29000 Inkster Road, Suite 150
    Southfield, MI 48034
  • Phone: (248) 569-4646
  • Fax: (248) 569-6737
  • Toll Free: (800) 606-1717
  • Get Directions
Ann Arbor Office
Macomb County Office