Toll-Free: (800) 606-1717
Phone: (248) 569-4646
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C.

If I am from Michigan but was injured in auto accident in Canada, can I still file for no-fault insurance benefits?

If you are from Michigan but injured in an auto accident in Canada, you can still file for no-fault insurance benefits. This is a tremendous advantage as no-fault insurance benefits pay for wages lost from work due to resulting injuries, medical expenses, and household chores for example.  In addition, a victim can receive these benefits for their lifetime if required.

The Michigan resident injured must either have his or her own auto insurance policy or reside with a family member who has a Michigan policy to receive these benefits.  In addition, there are strict time limitations for filing a claim and if not filed in a timely manner a victim may lose out on receiving these benefits.

To learn more about the rights of what a Michigan resident injured in an auto accident in Canada is entitled to, call our award winning Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. personal injury law firm now at (800) 606-1717. Call today and you will receive a free, no obligation case review with one of our qualified and expert attorneys fit to handle your claim against the insurance company.  We also represent our clients under a No Win No Fee Promise. This means that there are no legal fees whatsoever until we win or settle your claim.

Detroit Area Office
  • 29000 Inkster Road, Suite 150
    Southfield, MI 48034
  • Phone: (248) 569-4646
  • Fax: (248) 569-6737
  • Toll Free: (800) 606-1717
  • Get Directions
Ann Arbor Office
Macomb County Office