Toll-Free: (800) 606-1717
Phone: (248) 569-4646
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C.

I was injured in a Michigan car accident and need someone to care for me while I recover. Does my insurance company have to pay for this service?

Yes, if a doctor prescribes what is called "attendant care services."  The car insurance company must pay a reasonable hourly rate for the service, even if it is being provided by a family member.  The person is entitled to payment for being "on call" when you sleep, if you need supervision or assistance with toileting.
Detroit Area Office
  • 29000 Inkster Road, Suite 150
    Southfield, MI 48034
  • Phone: (248) 569-4646
  • Fax: (248) 569-6737
  • Toll Free: (800) 606-1717
  • Get Directions
Ann Arbor Office
Macomb County Office