Toll-Free: (800) 606-1717
Phone: (248) 569-4646
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C.

I was in an accident with a police car in Michigan. Can I sue the police department for my injuries?

Yes you can sue the police department if you were injured in a car accident with a police car in Michigan.  Under Michigan law, police officers and police departments have immunity from lawsuits in most circumstances; however, there are exceptions to these rules.  These exceptions include cases in which a police officer is negligent or reckless in the operation of the police vehicle.  In order to sue the police department, there must be actual contact between the car with the injury victim and the police vehicle.

For more information about your rights after a Michigan police car accident, call our auto accident attorneys at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. at 800-606-1717.  We will discuss your case and determine whether or not you can pursue a lawsuit against the Michigan police department.

Best Michigan personal injury lawyer winning highest settlements for injury, malpractice, & accident victims.
Detroit Area Office
  • 29000 Inkster Road, Suite 150
    Southfield, MI 48034
  • Phone: (248) 569-4646
  • Fax: (248) 569-6737
  • Toll Free: (800) 606-1717
  • Get Directions
Ann Arbor Office
Macomb County Office