Toll-Free: (800) 606-1717
Phone: (248) 595-7544
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C.

I underwent bariatric surgery due to obesity. After the surgery, I had a gastric leak that caused significant damage and required me to undergo several different surgeries. Can I file a medical malpractice lawsuit against the bariatric surgeon who performed the gastric bypass surgery?

Gastric bypass surgery, like most other surgeries, has risks inherent to the procedure.  A poor result from a surgery does not always mean that there was malpractice by the surgeon.  Other times, the surgeon may be negligent for failing to promptly diagnose a condition, like a gastric leak, and failing to timely treat the leak.  In those situations, you may have gastric bypass malpractice case.  A qualified medical malpractice lawyer can review your records and advise you if you do have a case.
Best Michigan personal injury lawyer winning highest settlements for injury, malpractice, & accident victims.
Southfield Office
  • 29000 Inkster Road, Suite 150
    Southfield, MI 48034
  • Phone: (248) 595-7544
  • Fax: (248) 569-6737
  • Toll Free: (800) 606-1717
  • Get Directions
Ann Arbor Office
Macomb County Office
Detroit Office