Toll-Free: (800) 606-1717
Phone: (248) 569-4646
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C.

I fell on a broken sidewalk in the City of Detroit and fractured my wrist. It required surgery. Do I have claim against the city where this happened?

This depends on the nature of the sidewalk defect.  If there is a two inch difference or more in the crack or between sidewalk slabs, you do have a case under Michigan law.  If the defect has different characteristics, it is important to take measurements and photographs to see if it qualifies as defect for you to seek compensation.
Best Michigan personal injury lawyer winning highest settlements for injury, malpractice, & accident victims.
Detroit Area Office
  • 29000 Inkster Road, Suite 150
    Southfield, MI 48034
  • Phone: (248) 569-4646
  • Fax: (248) 569-6737
  • Toll Free: (800) 606-1717
  • Get Directions
Ann Arbor Office
Macomb County Office