Toll-Free: (800) 606-1717
Phone: (248) 569-4646
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C.

Does a Michigan auto insurance coverage have to pay a family member for providing services to another injured member of the family after a Michigan car accident?

Yes, if the services are necessary and reasonable and related to the car accident.  Payment for these services comes within your Michigan No-Fault Insurance Policy.

These include replacement services, or referred to as household services, and attendant care services.  Replacement services include things like doing laundry, cooking meals, assistance with bathing, and taking out the garbage.  Attendant care services are for more intensive things, like supervision, dispensing medications, and services that are often provided by outside nursing agencies.  If a family member provides a similar service, the auto insurance company must pay the same or similar rate to the family member.
Best Michigan personal injury lawyer winning highest settlements for injury, malpractice, & accident victims.
Detroit Area Office
  • 29000 Inkster Road, Suite 150
    Southfield, MI 48034
  • Phone: (248) 569-4646
  • Fax: (248) 569-6737
  • Toll Free: (800) 606-1717
  • Get Directions
Ann Arbor Office
Macomb County Office