Defective Road
No Legal Fees Until You Settle or Win
Get Free Case Review

Michigan Defective Road FAQs

michigan defective road FAQsAs Michigan defective roadway lawyers, we recognize that victims of car accidents involving broken roads and potholes in Michigan have a lot of questions about their legal rights. We try to answer many of your questions below.  Of course, you probably have a question or concern unique to your own individual case that needs the attention of an experienced Michigan injury and accident attorney.

If your questions are not answered below, we strongly encourage you to pick up the phone and call one of our experienced attorneys now at (800) 606-1717.  We'll take the time to fully answer your questions.  There is no fee and absolutely no obligation whatsoever for this advice.  You can also complete our online contact form and a lawyer will get back to you within 24 hours.

  • Page 1
  • Who is best attorney in Michigan for a defective road accident lawsuit?

    Finding the best lawyer in Michigan for a defective road accident lawsuit can be difficult task. When looking to hire an attorney after your Michigan defective road accident, you may want to ask the attorney the following questions:

    1. Do you specialize in Michigan defective road accident lawsuit cases and how many years of experience have you had in representing defective road accident injury clients?
    2. Have you ever written a book on defective road accident and insurance claims?
    3. Do you have a website with information on defective road accident cases and free forms that I can print to make my insurance claim?
    4. Have you ever taken a defective road accident case to trial and won a verdict for your client?
    5. Do you offer a No Win, No Fee guarantee?
    6. What kind of settlements have you received for your Michigan defective road accident clients?

    The lawyers at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. will give you direct answers to all of those questions, as well as answer any other questions that you may have regarding your case and your legal rights. Our firm has represented defective road accident injury victims and their families for over 40 years throughout the State of Michigan, and has the knowledge, expertise, and experience in handling these types of cases. We have a track record of obtaining sizeable Michigan defective road accident settlements and jury verdicts for our injured clients and providing the best service possible.

    For more information about our award winning law firm and to discuss your case with one of our best lawyers for your Michigan defective road accident lawsuit, call our office now at (800) 606-1717.  We offer a No Win, No Fee promise, meaning our clients do not pay a penny until the case is settled or won. Call today for your free consultation!

  • Can I sue the city if I fell on an uneven sidewalk and was injured in Michigan?

    Under Michigan law, a person who falls an uneven or defective sidewalk may have the right to sue the city for not repairing the dangerous condition.  Under Michigan law, a claim due to the city's failure to maintain the sidewalk can be made when the municipality violates required by Michigan Statute MCL 691.1401, et. seq.  This essentially holds that the city must maintain the sidewalks in a safe manner and can be sued if a defective condition causes injury or harm to a pedestrian, bicyclist, and even a skateboarder.  Photographs of the condition on the date of the injury are helpful in proving the defect.

    A person who fell on a Michigan sidewalk due to a defective condition must provide the governmental notice of the defect and prove that that it existed for at least 30 days prior to the fall. The injury victim must provide written notice to the governmental entity within 120 days of the fall. The failure to provide notice within that time frame will forever bar an injured victim's claim for money damages.

    If you or someone you know fell and was injured on a defective sidewalk in Michigan, you should call our attorneys today so that we can fully investigate your case, take photographs of the condition, and send the proper written notice to the city to preserve your claim.  Call our Michigan sidewalk injury lawyers now at (800) 606-1717.

  • Can I sue the State of Michigan if I am injured in a car accident due to a pothole or other defective condition on a state highway for my injuries?

    If you are injured in a Michigan car accident due a defective condition that is the result of a failure of a governmental agency to keep the highway in reasonable repair and in a condition reasonably safe and fit for travel you may sue the State of Michigan.  However, liability is only imposed for defects of the “improved portion of the highway” and does not include “sidewalks, trail ways, crosswalks, or any other installation outside of the improved portion of the highway designed for vehicular travel.”