Toll-Free: (800) 606-1717
Phone: (248) 569-4646
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C.

Can I sue the State of Michigan if I am injured in a car accident due to a pothole or other defective condition on a state highway for my injuries?

If you are injured in a Michigan car accident due a defective condition that is the result of a failure of a governmental agency to keep the highway in reasonable repair and in a condition reasonably safe and fit for travel you may sue the State of Michigan.  However, liability is only imposed for defects of the “improved portion of the highway” and does not include “sidewalks, trail ways, crosswalks, or any other installation outside of the improved portion of the highway designed for vehicular travel.”
Best Michigan personal injury lawyer winning highest settlements for injury, malpractice, & accident victims.
Detroit Area Office
  • 29000 Inkster Road, Suite 150
    Southfield, MI 48034
  • Phone: (248) 569-4646
  • Fax: (248) 569-6737
  • Toll Free: (800) 606-1717
  • Get Directions
Ann Arbor Office
Macomb County Office