Car Accidents
No Legal Fees Until You Settle or Win
Get Free Case Review

Can I sue the owner of the car that caused the Michigan car accident for my injuries?

Yes, under Michigan law, victims injured in a car accident can sue both the negligent driver and owner of the vehicle that caused you injuries in the collision. For example, if you were driving your car or was a passenger in a vehicle that was struck by another car, and that car that struck you was not being driven by the owner, you do have legal rights to file a claim against the negligent driver, but also the owner as well.

The claim, which is called a personal injury lawsuit or a bodily injury claim, is made against the driver and owner, and your damages are covered by their insurance company. This also holds true if you were a pedestrian or bicyclist hit by a car in Michigan. Pedestrians and bicyclists do have the right to sue both the driver and owner of the vehicle for their pain and suffering.

Even if the owner and driver did not have an auto insurance policy, you still may be able to receive compensation for your injuries.  For more information about your legal rights and to see if you are eligible to sue the owner of the car that caused you injury, call our top rated Michigan car accident lawyers today at (800) 606-1717. We will discuss your case with you, investigate the collision as to which insurance company is responsible for paying your pain and suffering damages, and collect all evidence and witness statements to prove and win your case.

Lawrence J. Buckfire
Connect with me
Best Michigan personal injury lawyer winning highest settlements for injury, malpractice, & accident victims.