Drunk Driving Accident
No Legal Fees Until You Settle or Win
Get Free Case Review

Can I sue the host that provided the minor alcohol in a Michigan drunk driving accident ?

The "social host" must knowingly provide alcoholic beverages to a minor or have failed to dilligently inquire whether the individual was less than 21 years old. The Michigan Courts have held that the social host must actually provide the alcoholic beverages and not just the setting in which the alcohol is consumed. However, if the minor is under 18, the parents may have a duty to supervise the minor children and this can provide the basis for a lawsuit.
Lawrence J. Buckfire
Connect with me
Best Michigan personal injury lawyer winning highest settlements for injury, malpractice, & accident victims.