Toll-Free: (800) 606-1717
Phone: (248) 569-4646
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C.

Can I sue the driver for the property damage caused to my bike in a Michigan motorcycle accident?

In general, you are not able to sue the driver for property damage to your bike.  The damage to your motorcycle is covered solely per the terms of your contract of motorcycle insurance.  It is worth nothing if you have custom work or have added accessories to your motorcycle. In fact, many motorcycle insurance policies do not cover these items when damaged, so you may want to check into a rider on your policy that does cover damage to these items.

Best Michigan personal injury lawyer winning highest settlements for injury, malpractice, & accident victims.
Detroit Area Office
  • 29000 Inkster Road, Suite 150
    Southfield, MI 48034
  • Phone: (248) 569-4646
  • Fax: (248) 569-6737
  • Toll Free: (800) 606-1717
  • Get Directions
Ann Arbor Office
Macomb County Office