Toll-Free: (800) 606-1717
Phone: (248) 569-4646
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C.

Can I sue a negligent driver for my lost wages and loss of income due to injuries that I suffered in a Michigan car accident ?

Under the Michigan No-Fault laws, you must first claim your lost wages against your own auto insurance company as a part of your No-Fault claim.  This is called a "Wage and Income Loss Benefits" claim.  Your own company, or another company if you did not have your own policy, must pay 85% of your gross wages for up to three years after the accident.  There is a maximum limit to this amount and you may seek any amount in excess of that limit from the negligent driver.  Also, if you are disabled beyond the first three years, you can claim this against the negligent driver.
Best Michigan personal injury lawyer winning highest settlements for injury, malpractice, & accident victims.
Detroit Area Office
  • 29000 Inkster Road, Suite 150
    Southfield, MI 48034
  • Phone: (248) 569-4646
  • Fax: (248) 569-6737
  • Toll Free: (800) 606-1717
  • Get Directions
Ann Arbor Office
Macomb County Office