Toll-Free: (800) 606-1717
Phone: (248) 569-4646
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C.

Can I sue a Michigan nursing home if my mother was injured by her physical therapist?

If your mother is a nursing home resident and is injured by her physical therapist at the facility, you can sue the Michigan nursing home for her injuries.  When a nursing home resident is injured by a physical therapist, there is a legal remedy to compensate for those injuries.  You can file a malpractice lawsuit against the Michigan nursing home and physical therapist on behalf of the patient who was injured as a result of negligent medical care.

Quite often a physical therapist helps a patient recover from their medical condition; however, there are occasions when the nursing home patient suffers injuries due to the physical therapists mistake.  The injuries caused by a physical therapist can result in significant harm to the patient, including fractured bones and burn injuries.  In these situations, you can sue the Michigan nursing home for the injuries.

Some common causes of malpractice lawsuits against a physical therapist include the failure to refer the patient or seek a consultation from a specialist, improper positioning, injury during manipulation, injury during massage, dropped patients or patient falls, equipment malfunctions causing injuries, and more.

Detroit Area Office
  • 25800 Northwestern Highway #890
    Southfield, MI 48075
  • Phone: (248) 569-4646
  • Fax: (248) 569-6737
  • Toll Free: (800) 606-1717
  • Get Directions
Ann Arbor Office
Macomb County Office