Medical Malpractice
No Legal Fees Until You Settle or Win
Get Free Case Review

Can I sue a doctor or hospital for failing to diagnose testicular torsion on my son?

Yes, if your son presented to the doctor or hospital with signs and symptoms of testicular torsion and it was not timely diagnosed, you may be able to file a Michigan medical malpractice lawsuit on his behalf. Testicular torsion most often occurs in infancy and at the beginning of adolescence, but can happen to adults.  Common symptoms of this condition include sudden onset of testicular pain, swelling on one side of the scrotum, nausea or vomiting, light-headedness, testicle lump, or blood in semen.

The doctor or hospital should be properly trained to diagnose testicular torsion and perform a proper exam when a patient presents these symptoms.  A failure to diagnose testicular torsion can cause serious injury to the patient, including the loss of the testicles. Therefore, if you, your son, or any one of your family members has testicular torsion and presents the signs and symptoms to the doctor or hospital, yet the doctor or hospital fails to diagnose or does not diagnose in a timely manner, and due to that failure or dealy in the diagnosis you suffer serious injury, you may have means to file a medical malpractice lawsuit.

Lawrence J. Buckfire
Connect with me
Best Michigan personal injury lawyer winning highest settlements for injury, malpractice, & accident victims.