No-Fault Accidents
No Legal Fees Until You Settle or Win
Get Free Case Review

Can I receive compensation for my Michigan car accident injuries for the time I missed at work?

Yes, you can receive compensation for your injuries for the time you missed work due to your injuries in a Michigan car accident.  To receive compensation, a victim must file for wage loss benefits. Wage loss benefits are for your loss of income due to injuries that you suffered in an auto collision. They are paid under the provisions of the Michigan No-Fault Law by the auto insurance company responsible for paying benefits. These benefits are available to people injured in car accidents, pedestrian accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, and truck accidents. Passengers of buses and other commuter vehicles may also be eligible to receive wage loss benefits.

A person who is unable to work due to injuries sustained in an auto accident can receive 85% of their gross pay, including overtime. with a maximum cap of $70,000. If you earn more than $70,000 than the difference is supposed to be paid by the negligent driver.

Self-employed people and those actively seeking employment on the date of the accident can also receive these benefits. The benefits can be paid for three years after the date of the accident.

At the law firm of Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. our top rated auto injury attorneys have significant experience in receiving wage loss benefits for our clients. We understand how to present these injuries to the jury and insurance companies so that they are able to understand and recognize the seriousness of the injuries.

If you or someone you know is involved in a Michigan auto accident and as a result of the seriousness of the injuries is unable to go to work, call our office immediately at (800) 606-1717. Our award winning Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. no-fault insurance law firm will assist you with your claims process, and ensure the insurance company responsible for payment does pay.  Call now!