Yes you can file a medical malpractice lawsuit for a back surgery mistake. Serious injury can result when a surgeon performs a back surgery and makes a mistake. The most common types of medical malpractice claims for a back surgery mistake include:
- Misplaced spinal screws or screws that come loose
- Operating on the wrong disc or wrong level of the spine
- Leaving a spine fragment in the patient that impinges on the spinal cord
- Back infections that are undiagnosed or treated and put pressure on the spinal cord
- Caude equine syndrome that is undiagnosed or a delay in treating this back injury
If you or a loved on suffers serious injuries due to a back surgery mistake, you may be able to file a medical malpractice lawsuit. Call our office now at (800) 606-1717 to speak with one of our top rated expert medical malpractice attorneys. Our experienced medical malpractice legal team will review your entire patient medical chart, including the surgery reports, and then discuss the treatment with a board-certified surgeon. We will also represent you under our No Fee Promise, which means no legal fees or costs until we prove and win your case.