Car Accidents
No Legal Fees Until You Settle or Win
Get Free Case Review

Can I file a car accident lawsuit if I was hit by a police car in Michigan?

Yes you can file a car accident lawsuit if you were hit by a police car in Michigan. In this scenario, the injured police car accident victim would sue the police department for their injuries. Under Michigan law, police officers and police departments do have immunity from lawsuits in most circumstances; however, there are exceptions to these rules.  These exceptions include cases in which a police officer is negligent or reckless in the operation of the police vehicle.  In order to sue the police department, there must be actual contact between the car with the injury victim and the police vehicle.

For more information about your rights after a Michigan police car accident, call our auto accident attorneys at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. at 800-606-1717.  We will discuss your case with you and start gathering all the evidence and witness statements to win and settle your case.

Lawrence J. Buckfire
Connect with me
Best Michigan personal injury lawyer winning highest settlements for injury, malpractice, & accident victims.