Car Accidents
No Legal Fees Until You Settle or Win
Get Free Case Review

Can an out of state student who is injured in a Michigan car accident receive no-fault insurance benefits?

An out of state student injured in a Michigan car accident may be able to receive no-fault insurance benefits. However, there are two circumstances when an out of state resident may not be able to receive these benefits. They include:

  1. When a student drives the car for more than 30 cumulative days in Michigan and does not have a Michigan auto no-fault insurance policy.
  2. The student injured is the title holder of the vehicle and is not insured under a Michigan no-fault insurance policy.

It is recommended that out of state students and parents contact their insurance policy to add an addendum to the auto insurance policy to add the Michigan no-fault insurance coverage.  These benefits are tremendous for out of state residents because Michigan no-fault insurance benefits pay for wages lost from work, medical expenses, and household chores.

If you or your child is denied no-fault benefits after suffering injuries in a Michigan car accident and is an out of state resident, contact the car accident lawyers of Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. to discuss your case.  We offer a free legal consultation and will discuss your case with you to determine if you or your child is eligible to receive these no-fault benefits.  Call our office now at (800) 606-1717 or simply fill out the Get Help Now box to the right of this page. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Lawrence J. Buckfire
Connect with me
Best Michigan personal injury lawyer winning highest settlements for injury, malpractice, & accident victims.