Car Accidents
No Legal Fees Until You Settle or Win
Get Free Case Review

Can an out of state college student in Michigan receive no-fault insurance benefits after an auto accident?

An out of state college student in Michigan may be able to receive no-fault insurance benefits after suffering injuries in an auto accident. A student may NOT be eligible to receive benefits if the:

  1. College student drives the car for more than 30 cumulative days in Michigan without a Michigan no-fault insurance policy
  2. College student is the title holder of the vehicle and is not insured under a Michigan no-fault insurance policy

To ensure that a college student is eligible to receive Michigan no-fault benefits after an auto accident, college students attending school in Michigan from other states and their parents should contact their insurance company to add an addendum to the auto insurance policy to add the Michigan no-fault insurance coverage.  Or, in the alternative, have the automobile insured through an agent in Michigan that provides a certified no-fault insurance policy. Once this is done, the college student will be properly insured to drive in Michigan and receive all protections and benefits under the Michigan no-fault insurance laws.

If you or your child is an out of state college student attending a college or university in the State of Michigan who suffers injuries in an auto accident, call our office immediately at (800) 606-1717 to discuss your case with one of our experienced Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. auto accident attorneys.  We offer a free legal consultation and will represent you and your family under our No Fee Promise, meaning there are no legal fees or costs until the case is settled. Call now or fill out the Get Help Now box to the right of this page. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Lawrence J. Buckfire
Connect with me
Best Michigan personal injury lawyer winning highest settlements for injury, malpractice, & accident victims.