Medical Malpractice
No Legal Fees Until You Settle or Win
Get Free Case Review

Can a veteran sue a military hospital for medical malpractice in Michigan?

Yes, a veteran can sue a military hospital for medical malpractice in Michigan. The legal right for a patient to pursue this type of lawsuit for their injuries suffered is under the Federal Tort Claim Act (FTCA). This Act allows patient to sue for any injuries resulting from medical malpractice or negligence that occurred at the military hospital or by physicians and nurses at those hospitals that caused injury or harm. If a patient dies due the negligence of the hospital, the veteran’s family may have the right to sue the hospital in a wrongful death claim.

There are strict procedural requirements for filing a military medical malpractice lawsuit under the FTCA, and are quite complex. The failure to comply with the requirements can result in a valid claim being barred forever on technical reasons alone, and that is why it is so important to hire a top rated attorney that has significant experience in these types of cases to represent you.

At the law firm of Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. we represent military veterans in lawsuits against military hospitals throughout the entire State of Michigan. Whether the injury resulted from a surgery error, medication mistake, failure to diagnose a medical condition, or more, we will represent you and your family against the facility. Call today at (800) 606-1717 to discuss your case and find out what legal recourse is available to you.

Lawrence J. Buckfire
Connect with me
Best Michigan personal injury lawyer winning highest settlements for injury, malpractice, & accident victims.