Toll-Free: (800) 606-1717
Phone: (248) 569-4646
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C.

Can a Michigan resident injured in car accident in Canada receive no-fault insurance benefits?

Yes, a Michigan resident injured in car accident in Canada may be able to receive no-fault insurance benefits. To make a no-fault insurance claim, the Michigan resident must either have his or her own auto insurance policy or reside with a family member who has a Michigan policy.  This type of claim can be made even though the striking vehicle was not insured in Michigan. 

This is a tremendous benefit to residents in the state. However, to preserve these rights one must ensure they follow the correct process of filing a claim, and file the claim within the strict statute of limitations.

For more information on your legal rights and to determine whether or not you can receive no-fault benefits after a car accident in Canada, call our top rated auto accident law firm today at (800) 606-1717.  Often times, the insurance company will try to deny you payment of these benefits.  If you meet the criteria above, you are entitled to payment.  Call now for a free, no obligation case review.  We will carefully explain your rights to you and start working on your case immediately.

Best Michigan personal injury lawyer winning highest settlements for injury, malpractice, & accident victims.
Detroit Area Office
  • 29000 Inkster Road, Suite 150
    Southfield, MI 48034
  • Phone: (248) 569-4646
  • Fax: (248) 569-6737
  • Toll Free: (800) 606-1717
  • Get Directions
Ann Arbor Office
Macomb County Office