Car Accidents
No Legal Fees Until You Settle or Win
Get Free Case Review

Can a Michigan resident injured in an out of state car accident receive no-fault insurance benefits?

Yes, a Michigan resident injured in an out of state car accident may be able to receive no-fault insurance benefits. For the out-of-state residents this is a great advantage because the No-Fault Statute provides benefits that pay for wages lost from work, medical expenses, and household chores.

To make a no-fault insurance claim, the Michigan resident must either have his or her own auto insurance policy or reside with a family member who has a Michigan policy.  This type of claim can be made even though the striking vehicle was not insured in Michigan.  To preserve your rights, you must file an Application for No-Fault Benefits within one year of the date of the accident.

To learn more about the rights of a Michigan resident injured in a car accident in another state, you should call our experienced attorneys today to discuss your legal rights.  We will provide you with a free, no obligation case review and carefully explain your rights to you. Call now at (800) 606-1717.  

Lawrence J. Buckfire
Connect with me
Best Michigan personal injury lawyer winning highest settlements for injury, malpractice, & accident victims.