Frequently Asked Questions About Michigan Law
Looking for information about your Michigan personal injury, car accident, or medical malpractice case? We try to answer many of your questions below. Of course, you probably have a question or concern unique to your own individual case that needs the attention of an experienced Michigan injury and accattorney.
If your questions are not answered below, just pick up the phone and call one of our experienced lawyers now at (800) 606-1717. There is no fee and absolutely no obligation whatsoever for this free legal advice. You can also complete our online Contact Form and a lawyer will get back to you within 24 hours.
- Page 85
My mother was neglected in a Michigan nursing home and got very bad bed sore . What can I do?
Many times, the bed sore is the result of negligent treatment from the staff, like failing to bathe the patient, failing to turn the patient, and failing to re-position the patient. Other times, they are unavoidable. It is necessary to have her chart reviewed to see if she proper treatment.
My mother fell in a nursing home in Detroit and broke her hip. It was diagnosed as a femoral neck fracture. The nursing staff was not supervising her when she fell. Can she file a Michigan nursing home neglect lawsuit to see money damages for her hip fracture ?
The facts regarding her fall and each case is different and really depends on her required level of supervision. If the nursing staff and doctors knew that she was a risk for falling and did not prescribe fall prevention procedures, they may be held liable for her injuries.
I was diagnosed with a closed head injury in a Michigan car accident. I would like to sue the other driver who caused the accident to compensate me for my injuries. Even though Michigan is a no-fault state, can I still sue him?
Yes. Car accident victims who have been diagnosed and treated for trauamatic brain injuries and closed head injuries can sue the negligent driver that caused the accident for money damages. You can also claim Michigan No-Fault Insurance benefits from your own automobile insurance company to pay for your medical expenses, lost wages, attendant care benefits, and other benefits.
Does the auto no-fault insurance company have to pay for brain injury treatment for a person who suffers a closed head injury in a Michigan car accident?
Yes, if the injury arose out of the accident and the brain injury treatment is necessary and reasonable.
I suffered burn injuries on an airplane when a flight attendant spilled hot coffee on my arms during a flight. Can I sue the airline for my injuries?
Yes. We have handled such cases and the airline is liable for your injuries and typically pays a settlement for your claim.
I suffered carbon monoxide poisoning at my Ann Arbor apartment due to a defective furnace. Can I sue the apartment complex for my injuries?
Yes, if you can prove that the unsafe levels of carbon monoxide were due to the furnace being defective or in disrepair. We hire engineers and other experts to prove your case.
Can a person injured in a Michigan boat accident file a lawsuit against a negligent boater?
Yes. Michigan boaters have the legal duty to operate their boat in a safe and non-negligent manner. A boater who ignores the boating laws or drives in an unsafe manner can be sued for injuries caused by his negligence?
- Posted on 06/21/2018Buckfire Law Firm Named Among Best Workplaces Of 2018 By Inc. Magazine
- Posted on 05/23/2018Michigan State To Pay Survivors Of Larry Nassar Abuse; Buckfire Law Taking On Cases For New Claimants
- Posted on 02/07/2018Buckfire Law Attorney Spotlight: Get to Know Randall M. Blau
- Posted on 06/01/2018Michigan House Passes Larry Nassar-Related Bills For Sexual Assault Victims
- Posted on 05/31/2018Ex-MSU President Served With Subpoena To Testify About Larry Nassar
- Posted on 05/31/2018Birth Control Pills Taytulla Recalled By Drug Manufacturer Allergan
- $5,000,080- Michigan wrongful death verdict
- $5,000,000- Detroit motorcycle accident
- $3,750,000- Ann Arbor medical malpractice
- $3,600,000- Michigan assisted-living death settlement
- $1,950,000- Detroit cerebral palsy settlement
- $1,800,000- Detroit truck accident brain injury
- $1,600,000- Michigan Wrongful death lawsuit
- $1,425,000- Detroit slip and fall jury verdict
- $1,400,000- Michigan child lead poisoning
- $1,375,000- Detroit car accident for spinal injury
- $950,000- St. Clair County auto accident