Case Type: Romulus Car Accident Settlement
Facts of the Case
Linda Barczyk was driving eastbound on Burton Drive in Romulus, Michigan, when Defendant Neoma Kilway, then 80 years old, negligently disregarded a traffic control device, ran a red light, and violently collided with Ms. Barczyk’s sedan. Liability was clear and Defendant Kilway was 100% at-fault for causing the collision and Ms. Barczyk’s injuries.
Types of Injuries and Harm Suffered
- An acute, depressed fracture of the right lateral tibial plateau
- An extensive tear to both horns of the right lateral meniscus
- A tear of the right medial meniscus
- A displaced fracture of the sternum
- Fractures of the fifth right rib, sixth right rib, and seventh right rib
Other Types of Damages
- Pain and suffering, inconvenience, mental anguish, disability emotional distress, loss of society and companionship, loss of enjoyment of life, injury to reputation, and humiliation
- Post-surgical permanent scarring to the right knee
Legal Issues in the Case
- What were the injuries and damages caused by the collision versus what injuries and damages pre-existed the collision?
- Was Ms. Barczyk’s ability to lead her normal life effected by her injuries and damages?
- How much compensation should be paid in a settlement?
What We Did To Win The Settlement
Our automobile negligence attorneys filed a lawsuit in the Wayne County Circuit Court. We obtained sworn statements of Ms. Barczyk’s treating physicians causally relating her right knee surgery to the collision, took depositions of witnesses and argued and secured a favorable case evaluation award. We then attended facilitation and negotiated a settlement of $150,000 for Ms. Barczyk. The settlement included compensation for her pain and suffering, mental and emotional anguish, her permanent scarring.
Our No-Fee Promise on Michigan Car Accident Cases
You can afford to have the best car accident law firm on your side. It literally costs nothing to get started and the insurance company may even have to pay some of our legal fees for you. We promise you in writing:
Start Your Michigan Car Accident Claim
There are three ways to get started on your car accident case. You can:
- Free Case Review Box on this page,
- Chat with the Live Operator on this screen
- Call 1-800-606-1717 any time of day to discuss your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan car accident lawsuits.