Case Type: Wage Loss, First-Party, No-Fault
Facts of the Case
On March 23, 2015, Jacquelyn Murie was stopped for a red traffic control device on northbound Beech Daly Road in Taylor, Michigan when Renee Bentley negligently failed to stop within an assured clear distance and rear-ended Ms. Murie’s vehicle.
Thereafter, Ms, Murie’s own PIP carrier, Citizens Ins. Co. of the Midwest unreasonably refused to fulfill its contractual and statutory obligations to pay Ms. Murie for her outstanding PIP benefits with zero justification.
Types of Injuries and Harm Suffered
- The PIP claim was limited to lost wages only
Other Types of Damages
- Ms. Murie also sustained tort damages and brought a third-party claim against the negligent driver/owner of the vehicle which rear-ended her. This claim is currently pending a binding arbitration hearing.
Legal Issues in the Case
- Was there reasonable proof of the fact and amount of loss regarding the lost wage claim provided to Citizens?
- Lost overtime opportunities speculative?
What We Did to Win the Settlement
We litigated the case through discovery and case evaluation and pushed the case to a Settlement Conference in front of the judge. We were able to convince the judge that we had the winning argument, and thereafter, the judge exercised his inherent pressure from the bench to force Citizens to double its settlement offer.
Our No-Fee Promise on Michigan Wage Loss Cases
You can afford to have the best Michigan wage loss law firm on your side. It literally costs nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
Start Your Michigan Wage Loss Claim
There are three ways to get started on your Michigan accident case. You can:
- Free Case Review Box on this page,
- Chat with the Live Operator on this screen
- Call 1-800-606-1717 any time of day to discuss your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan wage loss lawsuits.