Case Type: Auto Accident Soft Tissue Injury Settlement
Facts of the Case
This case arose out of an April 3, 2014 motor vehicle collision in which Robert Scott sustained soft tissue injuries to his lumbar spine.
Due to these injuries caused by the accident, Mr. Scott had to undergo physical therapy and chiropractic treatment for approximately two years following the crash.
Types of Injuries and Harm Suffered
- L4-L5 disc bulge
- L5-S1 disc bulge
Other Types of Damages
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Fright and shock
- Denial of social pleasure and enjoyments
- Embarrassment, humiliation or mortification
Legal Issues in the Case
- Fraud/Misrepresentation regarding prior No-Fault claims and prior injuries
- Client's medical care providers are known solicitors
- Discontinuity of the claim due to two prior law firms representing the client on this claim
- Lumbar spine pathology - degenerative > acute
- Lack of change-in-life damages (plaintiff was not employed prior to collision, nor did he belong to any clubs, teams, or groups before the collision, etc.)
What We Did to Win the Settlement
Our auto accident lawyers sent all relevant medical records to the claims adjuster from Amerisure and negotiated a settlement directly with the carrier, without litigating the claim.
While a Complaint was in fact filed, this was merely to preserve the statute while our lawyers continued negotiating with the claims representative.
Our No-Fee Promise on Michigan Auto Accident and Wrongful Death Cases
You can afford to have the best Michigan auto accident law firm on your side. It literally costs nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
Start Your Michigan Car Accident Claim
There are three ways to get started on your Michigan car accident case. You can:
- Free Case Review Box on this page,
- Chat with the Live Operator on this screen
- Call 1-800-606-1717 any time of day to discuss your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan car accident lawsuits.