Case Type: Uninsured Motorist
Facts of the Case
Our client, a 33-year-old female, was operating her motor vehicle on Southfield in Detroit when she was rear-ended by another vehicle. The at-fault vehicle left the scene and was never identified.
Types of Injuries and Harm Suffered
- Concussion with headaches
- Two herniated discs in neck requiring physical therapy
- Fractures acromion and partial rotator cuff thickness tear in left shoulder requiring physical therapy and use of stimulator.
Other Types of Damages
- Pain and suffering
- Psychological damages
- Loss of enjoyment of lifestyle and social pleasures
Legal Issues in the Case
- Who was the driver/owner of the at-fault vehicle?
- What were the injuries and damages caused by the accident?
- How much compensation should be paid in a settlement?
What We Did to Win the Settlement
The at-fault motor vehicle nor its hit-and-run driver were ever identified, nor was any insurance discovered that may apply to the vehicle or driver.
At the time of the accident, the motor vehicle operated by our client was insured under a motor vehicle insurance policy with Defendant Liberty Mutual that provided for uninsured motorist coverage.
Thus, our auto accident lawyers filed a lawsuit in the Wayne County Circuit Court to recover uninsured motorist benefits from Defendant Liberty Mutual pursuant to said policy for her injuries and damages sustained in the accident.
Deposition was taken of our client to establish the facts of the accident and her injuries. We also obtained our client's medical records, photos of the damage to her vehicle, police report, and other pertinent records to establish the occurrence of the hit-and-run accident.
After performing the necessary discovery, we attended a facilitation and negotiated a settlement of $82,500 for our client. The settlement included compensation for her pain and suffering, psychological damanges, and loss of enjoyment of lifestyle and social pleasures.
Our No-Fee Promise on Michigan Auto Accident and Wrongful Death Cases
You can afford to have the best Michigan auto accident law firm on your side. It literally costs nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
Start Your Michigan Car Accident Claim
There are three ways to get started on your Michigan car accident case. You can:
- Free Case Review Box on this page,
- Chat with the Live Operator on this screen
- Call 1-800-606-1717 any time of day to discuss your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan car accident lawsuits.