Case Type: Parking Lot Accident Settlement
Facts of the Case
Our client, Jonell Styburski, was driving her vehicle through a Home Depot parking lot in Troy, Michigan when she was stuck by a van coming down a parking aisle. The van was owned by Plymouth Plumbing and operated by its employee.
The two parties attributed fault for the accident to each other. An independent witness indicated that our client had been speeding through the parking lot.
Types of Injuries and Harm Suffered
- Disc protrusion at C3-4 and C5-6
- Disc bulge at T5-6
- Extensive scarring on the face
Other Types of Damages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of social pleasures
Legal Issues in the Case
- Who was at fault for the accident?
- Were the injuries at issue caused by the accident?
- Did our client's injuries constitute a "serious impairment of body function"?
- How much compensation should be paid in a settlement?
What We Did to Win the Settlement
Our auto accident lawyers filed a lawsuit in the Oakland County Circuit Court. We took depositions of our client and the defendant. Each of their testimony's placed the blame for the accident on each other.
We also obtained the relevant insurance policy information, as well as medical records and documents from the investigating police department.
To address the injuries at issue, our client attended multiple physical therapy sessions and doctors' appointments. We attended case evaluation, and the panel awared $30,000.
Each party accepted the case evaluation award as a fair resolution given the facts and circumstances of the case. The at-fault driver's insurance company paid the $30,000 settlement.
Our No-Fee Promise on Michigan Auto Accident Cases
You can afford to have the best Michigan auto accident law firm on your side. It literally costs nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
Start Your Michigan Car Accident Claim
There are three ways to get started on your Michigan car accident case. You can:
- Free Case Review Box on this page,
- Chat with the Live Operator on this screen
- Call 1-800-606-1717 any time of day to discuss your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan car accident lawsuits.