Case Type: Third-Party Automobile Negligence
Facts of the Case
Plaintiffs were travelling at highway speeds on I-96 in Redford Township, Michigan, when their vehicle was struck by the negligent driver’s vehicle, causing the Plaintiffs’ vehicle to spin across several lanes of traffic and strike the retaining wall head-on.
Types of Injuries and Harm Suffered
- Fracture of the right radius (male plaintiff)
- Fracture of the sternum (male plaintiff)
- Fracture of the left fifth metatarsal (female plaintiff)
Other Types of Damages
- Pain and suffering
Legal Issues in the Case
- Residual impairments were de minimis for both Plaintiffs
- Limited medical treatment for non-surgical fractures
- Return to work nearly immediately – female is a physical therapist at Henry Ford Hospital and male was the Director of Design Experience at The Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village
- Plaintiffs moved to Florida in November, and did not want to return for any litigation-related events, so we effectively could not file a lawsuit and had to settle for the most offered pre-suit
What We Did To Win The Settlement
No lawsuit was filed, however, a claim was made with the insurance company. I sent Plaintiffs’ MVA-related medical records to the assigned adjuster, and demanded $50,000 (policy limits) on malr’s claim and $20,000 on female’s claim. The adjuster and myself then negotiated a settlement of $44,000.00 on male’s claim and $12,000.00 on female’s claim.
Our No-Fee Promise on Michigan Car Accident Cases
You can afford to have the best car accident law firm on your side. It literally costs nothing to get started and the insurance company may even have to pay some of our legal fees for you. We promise you in writing:
Start Your Michigan Car Accident Claim
There are three ways to get started on your car accident case. You can:
- Free Case Review Box on this page,
- Chat with the Live Operator on this screen
- Call any time of day to discuss your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing car accident lawsuits.