Case Type: No-Fault Insurance Benefits
Facts of the Case
Our client, a 33-year-old female, was operating her motor vehicle on Southfield in Detroit, when she was rear ended by another vehicle. The at-fault vehicle left the scene and was never identified. Our client sustained injuries from which she incurred medical expenses and necessitated attendant care and household services by her relatives.
Types of Injuries and Harm Suffered
- Concussion with headaches.
- Two herniated discs in neck requiring physical therapy.
- Fractured acromion and partial rotator cuff thickness tear in left shoulder requiring physical therapy and use of stimulator.
Other Types of Damages
- Unpaid medical bills.
- Unpaid attendant care.
- Unpaid household services.
Legal Issues in the Case
- What amount of attendant care and household services were reasonable and necessary?
- What were the injuries and damages caused by the accident?
- How much compensation should be paid in a settlement?
What We Did to Win the Settlement
At the time of the accident, the motor vehicle operated by our client was insured under a motor vehicle insurance policy with Defendant Liberty Mutual. As such, the insurer is responsible for payment of any medical expenses, attendant care benefits and household service benefits as are reasonable, necessary and related to injuries sustained in the accident. Thus, our auto accident lawyers filed a lawsuit in the Wayne County Circuit Court to recover such no-fault benefits from Defendant Liberty Mutual.
Deposition was taken of our client to establish the facts of the accident and her injuries. We also obtained our clients medical records and relevant prescriptions for attendant care/household services, and documentation from the attendant care/household service providers to document they type of and amount of such care provided.
After performing the necessary discovery, we attended a facilitation and negotiated a settlement of $59,000.00 for our client. The settlement included payment of her medical expenses and compensation for the attendant care benefits and household services provided.
Our No-Fee Promise on Michigan No-Fault Insurance Benefit Cases
You can afford to have the best Michigan no-fault insurance law firm on your side. It literally costs nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
Start Your Michigan No-Fault Insurance Benefit Claim
There are three ways to get started on your Michigan no-fault insurance benefit case. You can:
- Free Case Review Box on this page,
- Chat with the Live Operator on this screen, or
- Call 1-800-606-1717 any time of day to discuss your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan no-fault insurance benefit lawsuits.