Michigan Medical Malpractice Settlements
Michigan medical malpractice lawyers file lawsuits for patients who have been harmed by doctors, hospitals and clinics throughout the State of Michigan. A victim of medical malpractice, or family member, can file a lawsuit if there was negligent treatment by a medical professional. This includes medical negligence by a doctor, nurse, hospital, clinic, nursing home, or any other licensed medical provider.
Medical malpractice can occur in many different ways. Some of the most common types of medical negligence include:
- Birth injuries, like cerebral palsy
- Misdiagnosis and failure to diagnose
- Surgery errors
- Anesthesia mistakes
- Emergency room errors
- Medication mistakes
- Misread x-rays and radiology studies
Types of Compensation for Victims of Medical Malpractice
Under Michigan law, a victim of medical malpractice can receive compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Fright and shock
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of earnings (past, present, and future)
- Medical expenses
In cases involving the death of a patient, the suriving family members can file a wrongful death lawsuit.
What Determines the Amount of Your Michigan Medical Malpractice Settlement?
There are several factors that affect the final settlement amount of a medical malpractice lawsuit in Michigan. They include:
- How the medical malpractice occurred
- Where the medical malpractice occurred (City or County)
- The severity of the negligence that caused the injury or complication
- The type of injury or complication caused
- The permanency of the injury sustained
- The recovery time of the injury
- The amount of medical bills incurred due to the medical malpractice
- The amount of income loss and future earnings capacity
Our Recent Michigan Medical Malpractice Settlements & Verdicts
We have obtained significant settlements and jury verdicts for medical malpractice victims in Michigan. Some of these settlements are listed below.
- $ 4,100,000 Settlement against a hospital for severe surgical errors
- $ 3,750,000 Settlement against a hospital for not properly supervising a patient in the suicide wing
- $ 900,000 Settlement against a Saginaw neurosurgeon for misdiagnosing cauda equina syndrome
- $ 625,000 Settlement against a Macomb County hospital for failing to diagnose a pulmonary embolism
- $ 400,000 Settlement against a Detroit emergency room for failing to diagnose severe frostbite
- $ 390,000 Settlement for a Port Huron man who suffered serious complications during surgery
- $ 290,000 Settlement for a woman who suffered a pressure ulcer in ICU
Many other settlements often cannot be disclosed due to confidentiality agreements with the medical providers. Doctors and hospitals often require this provision as part of the settlement agreement.
Free Michigan Medical Malpractice Handbook
For more information about medical malpractice cases in Michigan, you can order our FREE book, “The Ultimate Michigan Medical Malpractice Handbook”. Authored by award winning attorney and firm partner Lawrence J. Buckfire, our medical malpractice handbook covers everything you need to know about your rights in a Michigan medical malpractice lawsuit. The book sells for $14.95 on Amazon, however if you order through our website, we will send you a copy completely FREE!
Michigan Medical Malpractice Lawyer No Fee Promise
Our Michigan medical malpractice attorneys represent clients under our No Fee Promise, which means you will not be responsible for any payment whatsoever unless we are able to recover a settlement for you. There is absolutely no obligation on your part to pay for anything related to your case such as court costs and other litigation expenses. We will pay for all of it. In the rare event that we are unable to recover a settlement for your case, you will owe us nothing. We put everything in writing for you.
Contact a Michigan Medical Malpractice Lawyer
If you or a family member has suffered in injury or complication due to the negligence of a doctor, hospital or health care provider in Michigan, our lawyers can help you. We have recovered millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts for people just like you.
Call us today at (800) 606-1717 to speak with one of our top-rated lawyers about your case. We will listen to your story. If you have a case, we will get started on it immediately.
- Page 2
$ 192,500 Hip Dysplasia Settlement Against Pediatricians Hip Dysplasia Settlement $192,500.00
Cauda Equina Medical Malpractice Settlement Cauda Equina Settlement For Medical Malpractice