Case Type: Uninsured Motorist Benefits/Car Accident
Facts of the Case
Plaintiff was injured on September 17, 2015, when he was involved in a motorcycle versus motor vehicle accident near the intersection of Ann Arbor Trail and Telegraph in Dearborn Heights, Michigan. Plaintiff was travelling on his motorcycle eastbound on Ann Arbor Trail approaching Telegraph when a motor vehicle failed to yield the right of way and pulled out in front of Plaintiff from a gas station on the north side of the street causing a sideswipe accident which rendered both vehicles un-driveable. The at-fault driver was uninsured, so a residual liability claim was made against our client’s own Progressive motorcycle insurance pursuant to the uninsured motorist coverage.
Types of Injuries and Harm Suffered
- Hairline fracture of the fifth metacarpal of his left hand
- Left thumb sprain
- Acute displaced fracture through the proximal fifth phalanx in his left foot
Other Types of Damages
- Pain and suffering
- Inability to enjoy family activities, hobbies, social activities
Legal Issues in the Case
- Did the operator or owner of the at-fault vehicle have insurance?
- What was the settlement value of our client's case?
What We Did To Win The Settlement
We gathered the necessary documentation, including police report and pertinent medical records, and submitted a demand package to Progressive in an effort to resolve the matter. After a series of negotiations, a settlement was reached approximately one year after the accident, avoiding the need for protracted and costly litigation.
Our No-Fee Promise on Michigan Motorcycle Accident Cases
You can afford to have the best motorcycle accident law firm on your side. It literally costs nothing to get started and the insurance company may even have to pay some of our legal fees for you. We promise you in writing:
Start Your Michigan Motorcycle Accident Claim
There are three ways to get started on your motorcycle accident case. You can:
- Free Case Review Box on this page,
- Chat with the Live Operator on this screen
- Call any time of day to discuss your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan motorcycle accident lawsuits.