Case Type: Chiropractor Medical Malpractice Lawsuit
Facts of the Case
This case involved a 39-year-old man who presented to a chiropractor with lower back pain. Despite not having seen the chiropractor for several years, no x-rays and/or imaging studies were done prior to the performance of an adjustment on his cervical spine (neck areas).
As a result of excessive force and/or inappropriate technique, he sustained more than one herniated discs, causing Cauda Equina Syndrome. He lost sensation in his genital area, developed difficulties with ambulation, and was no longer able to work his physical-labor job.
Types of Injuries and Harm Suffered
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent loss of sensation in his genital area and foot drop
- Difficulties with all activities of daily living
Other Types of Damages
- Medical bills
- Loss of wages
Legal Issues in the Case
- Whether the chiropractor should have performed imaging studies before adjusting him
- Whether the proper technique was used during the chiropractice adjustment
- Whether his permanent injuries were the result of the alleged negligence
What We Did to Win the Settlement
After an in-depth review of the medical records from numerous physicians and hospitals, we put together a detailed timeline of events contained in the records. We then retained leading experts in the fields of chiropractic medicine and neurosurgery.
After the deposition of the client, this case was able to be amicably settled prior to extensive discovery and lengthy litigation.
Our No-Fee Promise on Michigan Medical Malpractice Cases
You can afford to have the best Michigan medical malpractice law firm on your side. It literally costs nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
Start Your Michigan Medical Malpractice Claim
There are three ways to get started on your Michigan medical malpractice case. You can:
- Free Case Review Box on this page,
- Chat with the Live Operator on this screen
- Call 1-800-606-1717 any time of day to discuss your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan medical malpractice lawsuits.