Case Type: Brain Bleed Medical Malpractice Lawsuit
Facts of the Case
This case involved the death of a well-known and respected physician, who presented to the hospital with signs and symptoms of a progressing brain bleed. As a result of the alleged negligence by the nurses and physicians involved in his care, the patient's deteriorating condition went unrecognized and undiagnosed until it was too late to save him.
When the patient became unresponsive from a massive brain hemorrhage, more than 12 hours after coming to the hospital, the patient was airlifted to another hospital for emergency brain surgery. Unfortunately, nothing could be done, and the patient passed away the next day at the age of 69.
Types of Injuries and Harm Suffered
- Wrongful death from failing to diagnose a brain bleed
- Loss of future wages
- Pain and suffering
Other Types of Damages
- Loss of society and companionship
- Medical bills
- Funeral and burial expenses
Legal Issues in the Case
- Whether the nurses and physicians involved violated the standard of care
- Whether earlier diagnosis and treatment would have prevented this death
- Whether the patient would have ever been able to return to work as a physician
- Whether alleged negligence caused the patient's death
What We Did to Win the Settlement
After an in-depth review of the medical records from numerous physicians and hospitals, we put together a detailed timeline of the events contained in the medical records.
We then retained leading experts in the fields of nursing, emergency medicine, and neurological surgery.
After extensive discovery and receiving key admissions during numerous depositions, we were able to settle this claim prior to trial.
Our No-Fee Promise on Michigan Medical Malpractice Cases
You can afford to have the best Michigan medical malpractice law firm on your side. It literally costs nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
Start Your Michigan Medical Malpractice Claim
There are three ways to get started on your Michigan medical malpractice case. You can:
- Free Case Review Box on this page,
- Chat with the Live Operator on this screen
- Call 1-800-606-1717 any time of day to discuss your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan medical malpractice lawsuits.