Case Type: Huron County Motorcycle Settlement
Facts of the Case
Our client was operating his motorcycle on Sand Beach Road in Huron County when a motor vehicle pulled out in front of him at the intersection with Port Hope Road, causing the motorcycle to run into the side of the motor vehicle.
Types of Injuries and Harm Suffered
- Scapula fracture requiring surgery
- Pelvic fractures requiring surgery
- Hernia and urethral disruption
- Residual scarring
Other Types of Damages
- Pain and suffering
- Lifestyle effects
- Loss of consortium on behalf of our client's wife
Legal Issues in the Case
- Was there any comparative fault on the part of our client?
- Did the at-fault driver have insurance?
- Did our client have underinsured motorist coverage on his motorcycle insurance?
- What were the injuries and damages caused by the accident?
- How much compensation should be paid in a settlement?
What We Did to Win the Settlement
Our motorcycle accident lawyers filed a lawsuit in the Huron County Circuit Court. We took depositions of the at-fault driver and investigating police officer, which proved that the driver was in fact at fault and there was no comparative negligence on the part of our client.
We also obtained the relevant medical records, photographs and insurance information. We discovered that the at-fault driver had $100,000.00 in insurance coverage, which we deemed insufficient to fully compensate our client for his injuries. Thus, we obtained our client's motorcycle insurance and discovered he had underinsured motorist coverage, which provides supplementary coverage when the at-fault driver's insurance policy is so insufficient.
After discovery, we attended case evaluation, but the settlement figure determined by the evaluators was also insufficient for our client. As a result, we moved forward in preparation for trial. Prior to trial, however, we attended a facilitation where we resolved the case for $385,000.00.
The settlement included compensation for his pain and suffering, the effect the injuries had on his lifestyle, and his wife's loss of consortium claim.
Our No-Fee Promise on Michigan Motorcycle Accident Cases
You can afford to have the best Michigan motorcycle accident law firm on your side. It literally costs nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
Start Your Michigan Motorcycle Accident Claim
There are three ways to get started on your Michigan motorcycle accident case. You can:
- Free Case Review Box on this page,
- Chat with the Live Operator on this screen
- Call 1-800-606-1717 any time of day to discuss your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan motorcycle accident lawsuits.