A 26-year-old woman has been charged for her role in a crash on Feb. 7 that killed a 48-year-old FedEx truck driver in Detroit, according to MLive Detroit.
Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy's office announced Feb. 9 that Myah Marea Batts has been charged with second-degree murder, operating while intoxicated causing death, driving while license suspended causing death and reckless driving causing death.
Worthy's office alleges that Batts disregarded a stop sign while driving at excessive speed around 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 7 on Chandler Park Drive.
When her car stuck the FedEx truck driven by Rodrick Motley, the truck was forced onto the median and the driver was ejected. Motley was pronounced dead upon arrival at a local hospital.
Batts was scheduled to be in Detroit's 36th District Court at 10:30 a.m. Feb. 10.
What Should I Do After A Detroit Auto Accident?
There are several things that you should do immediately after a car accident, which include:
- Notify of the police of the accident, especially if they do not come to the accident scene.
- Provide the investigating officer with your drivers license, proof of insurance, & vehicle registration.
- Make sure there is a written police report made after the accident.
- Get the drivers license number and license plate number of the other vehicles in the crash.
- Take photographs on your phone of damage to your car and other vehicles.
- Get the names, telephone numbers, and addresses of all witnesses to the accident.
- Report the accident to your own auto insurance company after the accident.
- Request an Application for No-Fault Insurance Benefits from your insurance agent.
- Contact our experienced attorneys to advise you on your rights and to begin pursuing your claims.
Our No-Fee Promise on Detroit Drunk Driving Accident Cases
If you're in a Detroit car accident, call our award-winning car accident lawyers.
Don't be concerned about the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best drunk driving accident law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It costs nothing to get started and if your drunk driving accident case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Detroit Drunk Driving Accident Claim
There are three ways to get started on your drunk driving accident case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. An auto accident attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan car accident lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about the Michigan auto accident laws.